fSONA Networks - The Free Space Optics Leader
fSONA Networks is an innovative provider of next generation Free Space
Optics (FSO) solutions that utilize a flexible point-to-point architecture
and protocol transparent design. Founded in 1997 with a goal to develop premier, cost effective, eye-safe, optical transmission products for the broadband access market, fSONA has created the most robust and powerful free space optics systems ever brought to market - the SONAbeam™ family.
SONAbeam™'s reliable, short-haul, wireless optical
systems provide high-bandwidth (1.5 Mbps to 2.5 Gbps),
cost-effective connectivity for new and existing networks.
Our mission is to provide the preeminent solution for broadband connectivity
to federal, military and service provider customers worldwide. We take the complexity out
of wireless telecommunications with a simple solution - no licensing, no
digging, no problem.
The SONAbeam™ Advantage
With an enviable reputation as the most reliable and powerful products in
their class, fSONA's SONAbeam™ products are used by military, federal, service provider, ISP, and enterprise customers
all over the world.
- Cost-competitive, carrier-class products suitable for high performance,
high reliability worldwide deployment
- Modularity and commonality inherent in the product design architecture
provide for scalable solutions
- First to market, high performance, patented 1550 nm transceiver system
provides the highest power, eye-safe solution
- Redundant transmitter design and advanced power management ensure both
high availability and long range transmission
- Protocol independent interfaces (SONET/SDH, IP, ATM, IEEE 802.34, and
- Simple and rapid installation